Agrarian Awards Criteria (Nominations Closed)
- Must be current with Dept. of Agriculture Farm Registration (Schools, backyard farmers exempted)
- Must be a Bahamian citizen
- Must display use of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs).
- Must have contributed to the overall development of agriculture in The Bahamas.
- Must have been farming for at least three (3) years. (Backyard Farmer, School and Community exempted)
- Must be able to prove some level of commercial sales with records for the past two years (Schools, Community and Backyard Farmers Exempted).
- Backyard Farmer of the Year is decided by popular vote on the Ministry’s social media pages only. Only followers’ votes on the pages will be counted. To be considered, the public must follow the social media page and submit their photos to MOAMRFIA@gmail.com. Photos will be shared on the MOAMRFIA social pages for voting.
- Nominees CANNOT be employed by the Ministry of Agriculture, Marine Resources and Family Island Affairs or any of its entities or departments.
- Must be willing to share stories, video with the Ministry of Agriculture, Marine Resources and Family Island Affairs Public Relations Department and other media.